“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” Helen Keller
I am extremely thankful to Chris Lemos for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is an award given to bloggers who are deemed to be creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. It is a great honour for me to be acknowledged in this way. I started blogging nearly a year ago and I have found a wonderful supportive community who have helped me tremendously on my healing journey.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Again, a huge thank you to Chris Lemos for nominating me. I enjoy reading your posts about self-healing and tips on how to make life a little bit better step by step. I still have to buy that planner to work on my procrastination. I will probably do it tomorrow! And another big thank you to Evolving Inner Self for nominating me too. (I saw your nomination after Chris’s so I answered her questions first. Sorry.)
Here are my answers to Chris’s questions:
- If you were to be God for a day, what are the three things you would like to do?Firstly, I would forbid people to use my name as an excuse to kill, abuse or terrorise. Then there would be no need for a second or third thing.
- Do you believe in soul mates? If yes, have you found yours? A bit of a sore point for me. I used to believe in soulmates. However, after my experience with a man with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I have to admit that I don’t anymore. I really thought I had found mine, but my soulmate turned into my cellmate!
- What is your idea of a perfect date? I’m not sure if you mean the person or the situation by the “perfect date”. Nobody and nothing is perfect in life and I have learned to not build up my expectations.
- Name the person you have had an immense crush on. As a teenager, I had a lot of crushes but I can’t remember ( or too embarrassed to say) who they were!
- What is your least favourite thing about blogging? I can’t think of anything right now. I enjoy writing and reading posts quite a lot.
- Who is your real life inspiration? I don’t have a specific person in mind. I tend to be my own person and follow my own path.
- What things are you most grateful for in your life? Everything I have. My family, my friends, my health, my job, my house…
- Describe yourself in three words. I asked my mother and she said: energetic, ambitious, generous
- Name one guilty pleasure. I never feel guilty about pleasure!
- If you could go back in the past, what would you change? There is nothing I would change. I am the sum of my experiences and I like the way I am now.
- Weirdest food you have eaten? Marmite. I don’t understand how people can like this. Not even sure it qualifies as food.
- Hillary Robyn
- Keep Talking about Mental Health
- Laura’s Self-Development
- Narcwise Maggie
- Surviving the unhinged & clan
Questions for my nominees:
- Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ person?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you angry?
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- What country would you most like to visit?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What is your all-time favourite film?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you often find yourself under stress?
- How do you relieve stress?
- What is your motto?